South Jersey Attorneys Handle Employment Defense and a Range of Litigation Matters
Experienced litigators represent businesses, workers, municipalities and private citizens
When problems in the workplace or other spheres of activity end up in court, an experienced attorney gives you the best chance to protect your interests and to resolve your case successfully. At Barker, Gelfand, James & Sarvas, P.C., we are an accomplished law firm handling various types of civil and criminal litigation and administrative matters throughout Southern New Jersey. With offices in Linwood, Pitman and Marlton, our firm has a detailed understanding of the region’s legal landscape. Our attorneys have more than 75 years of combined legal experience aggressively pursuing justice for individuals, businesses and municipalities inside and outside the courtroom.
Strong advocates have a reputation for delivering exceptional results
To secure the best possible result in trial or appellate litigation, choosing the right attorney is essential. Individuals, companies and municipalities rely on us because we are:
- Respected — Since 1998, our firm has developed a reputation throughout the state for delivering effective counsel to plaintiffs and defendants. Attorneys A. Michael Barker and Vanessa E. James have earned an AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rating by Martindale Hubbell, a recognition of their legal ability and ethics by attorneys familiar with their work.
- Skilled — Whatever your specific legal concern might be, we have the legal background and local knowledge to pinpoint innovative solutions that other lawyers overlook.
- Accomplished — Our firm’s attorneys have successfully concluded more than 350 jury trials in a wide variety of matters, including key victories in police litigation, employment matters and cases involving public officials.
We offer a free initial consultation so that you can obtain an informed overview of your legal situation before taking action.
Seasoned trial lawyers advise on a variety of legal matters
For clients seeking representation in the southern half of New Jersey, we provide exceptional advocacy in practice areas including:
- Employment law — We handle a full range of employment law issues on behalf of both workers and businesses, including whistleblower litigation. Our firm also provides authoritative counsel on labor and employment law for managers and other supervisors so that they can operate effectively and overcome worker lawsuits and gender discrimination and sexual harassment claims.
- Civil rights — If you have been discriminated against when seeking public accommodations, education or housing, the firm’s lawyers can advise you of your civil rights and assert a legal claim where appropriate. We also assist government clients who have been accused of civil rights violations.
- Municipal and administrative law — Throughout South Jersey, our firm delivers thorough advice on municipal law for government, business and individual clients. We also protect individuals in administrative law proceedings at every level of government.
- Traffic, DWI and disorderly persons offenses — Our criminal defense practice is devoted to cases of driving while intoxicated, traffic violations and other nonindictable crimes.
- Bankruptcy — We offer high quality Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 bankruptcy legal services, oftentimes at a flat rate fee. We will prepare all the necessary paperwork, get your bankruptcy filed quickly, and represent you through every step of the proceeding necessary. Contact us for more information on our bankruptcy practice.
We also handle personal injury cases for victims of negligence and legal malpractice defense for other attorneys. No matter how complex or challenging your case might seem, we will work relentlessly to develop and execute an effective strategy.
Contact a knowledgeable South Jersey attorney for a free consultation
Barker, Gelfand, James & Sarvas, P.C. advises South Jersey clients in civil rights, employment law and other litigation matters. Please call 609-601-8677 or contact us online to schedule a free initial consultation at one of our offices, located in Linwood, Pitman and Marlton, New Jersey.