Mr. Sarvas was born and raised in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, where he graduated from Central Catholic High School in 2003. Mr. Sarvas received an undergraduate degree in economics from Duke University and studied abroad at the London School of Economics. Mr. Sarvas graduated from Wake Forest School of Law in 2010. Mr. Sarvas has been with Barker, Gelfand, James & Sarvas since being hired as a summer law clerk in 2009 (the firm was then known as Barker, Scott & Gelfand).
Mr. Sarvas routinely litigates matters in both State and Federal Court regarding police and professional liability, employment defense, discrimination and sexual harassment defense, wrongful discharge defense, whistleblower defense, civil rights defense, the New Jersey Tort Claims Act. Mr. Sarvas also advises municipalities and private companies regarding various employment issues such as FMLA/FLA leave, termination, handbook procedures and contracts, amongst other areas.
In February of 2016, Mr. Sarvas co-founded FanWide Technologies Inc., a Washington State based technology company.
Mr. Sarvas currently resides in St. Paul, Minnesota with his wife, Elise. In his free time, he enjoys golf, hiking, reading and visiting national parks.
A selection of some of the recent reported cases on which Attorney Sarvas has worked to a successful outcome:
- Van Orden v. Borough of Woodstown, 2016 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 156154 (D.N.J. Nov. 10, 2016) (motion for summary judgment granted)
- Van Orden Borough of Woodstown N.J., 2017 U.S. App. LEXIS 12861 (3d Cir. N.J., July 18, 2017) (motion for summary judgment affirmed)
- Hyman v. Melnichenko, 2017 N.J. Super. Unpub. LEXIS 1623 (Super. Ct. App. Div. July 5, 2017) (summary judgment affirmed)
- Janowski v. City of N. Wildwood, 2017 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 68883 (D.N.J. May 5, 2017) (motion to dismiss granted)
- Jaffery v. Atl. Cty. Prosecutor’s Office, 695 F. App’x 38 (3d Cir. 2017) (motion to dismiss affirmed)
- Simmer v. Kehler, 2017 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 42848 (D.N.J. Mar. 24, 2017) (motion for summary judgment granted)
Peer Review Rating
- AV Preeminent© Rated by Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory
- New Jersey State Bar Association
Areas of Law
- Police And Professional Liability
- Employment Defense
- Discrimination And Sexual Harassment Defense
- Wrongful Discharge Defense
- Whistleblower Defense
- Civil Rights Defense
- The New Jersey Tort Claims Act
- General Employment Issues
- Employment Policies And Procedures
- November 2010
- State Bar of New Jersey
- United States District Court for the District of New Jersey Third Circuit Court of Appeals
- Wake Forest School of Law, 20102, J.D.
- Duke University, 2007, B.A.
- Born in Pittsburgh, PA